I’ll be reading this Sunday at SPARKS Literary Festival at Memorial University. Lots of great authors, but I’m in the last slot of the day with Sharon Bala, Robert Chafe and Heather O’Neill. Book signings, etc. Come see!
Archive for the ‘Events’ Category
I’ll be leaving tomorrow for Toronto, where I’ll be reading at Jay and Hazel Millar’s awesome HIJ reading series on Sunday. After that, I’ll be in Kingston for a reading and talk at Queen’s University. On Tuesday I’ll be at Concordia in Montreal for a crack at the Writer’s Read series there (which has a daunting list of previous readers). Fun times. After that, I get to stop touring this book and maybe sometime in the future think about writing again. Wouldn’t that be nice?
HIJ Reading Series
Jeramy Dodds, Elisabeeth de Mariaffi, Karen Solie and George Murray
Sunday, Nov 15, 2pm
260 Ryding Avenue
Reading and Q&A
Elisabeth de Mariaffi and George Murray
Monday, Nov 16, 1pm
Watson Hall 517
Elisabeth de Mariaffi and George Murray
Tuesday, Nov 17, 7pm
John Molson School of Business, 2.130 Floating Box Room
I hope you come out to the one nearest you. My understanding is the Millars serve pie. I’ve requested blueberry. A nice way to end the book tour.
This is the Fall reading schedule for me and Diversion so far. Hope you save the date so I can see you there.
- Winnipeg, Thin Air Festival
Sept 23, 2:30pm, McNally Robinson, in chat with Gary Garry Thomas Morse
Sept 23, 7:30, Mainstage, Poetry Bash
- St.John’s, Launch
Oct 8, 7:30pm, The Ship, Drinking games to be played
- London, Poetry London
Oct 14, 7:30pm, Landon Branch Library, Reading with Ricardo Sternberg
- Toronto, ECW Launch
Oct 19, 7:30, Location TBA
- Toronto, Pivot Readings
Oct 21, 8pm, The Steady Cafe, Reading with Meira Cook and Kevin Hardcastle
Nov 15, Time TBA, Location TBA
- Queen’s University, Kingston
Nov 16, Time TBA, Reading with Elisabeth de Mariaffi
- Montreal, Writers Read
Nov 17, 7pm, Reading with Elisabeth de Mariaffi
Not been very good about maintaining this site. I’ve been working on another site quite a bit, and really haven’t had a lot to report, besides a few publications. Mostly I’ve spent my days editing and reediting my upcoming book Diversion (cheaper Amazon link here, but I would encourage you to buy indy at McNally or your local) — but my editors have finally taken it away from me and now I have nothing to tinker with. So here are some upcoming events for this summer and autumn, where you can catch me as pass through cities other than St. John’s:
- UBC Creative Writing I’ll be teaching in the MFA at UBC this summer and am there for two weeks in July.
- Writers At Woody Point I’m reading at Woody Point with Joan Clark, Elisabeth de Mariaffi, Steven Galloway, Elizabeth Hay, Lawrence Hill, Miriam Toews, Kathleen Winter, and some lady named “Margaret Atwood”.
- St. John’s Launch No official date yet confirmed, but Diversion will launch in St. John’s in September.
- Winnipeg’s Thin Air I’ll be reading at a bunch of school as a kids authors as well as at the poetry bash as a poet. Presumably an adult one. Actually, once you get the new book you’ll see: it gets a little blue.
- Poetry London I’ll be reading in London, ON as part of the Poetry London series on Oct 14.
- Toronto Events So far I’ll be reading at an as-yet-unscheduled ECW launch in October as well as at the great and storied reading series Pivot on Oct 21.
I’ll be reading and teaching at the Frye Festival in Moncton at the end of April/beginning of May. If you’re around, please come say hi. Reading from both the kids book and the poetry.
I’ve got a few upcoming appearances in support of my kids book Wow Wow and Haw Haw. Three in September and one late in November. See below. Bring the kids. I get them to help me do sound effects while I read! I’m also running a few events for adults, including an advanced poetry workshop in Vancouver.
Eden Mills Writers Festival (2 appearances)
Sunday, September 14, 1:50 “Jenny’s Place Backyard” (for kids)
Sunday, September 14, 2:30 “Poetry at the Mill” with Katherena Vermette and Anne Michaels (for adults)
Halifax Word on the Street
Sunday, September 21, 2:00
I’m reading on a tugboat… NAMED THEODORE!
Word Vancouver (2 appearances)
Sunday, September 28, 12pm Children’s Library, Harvey Southam Room (for kids)
Saturday, September 27, 3pm Poetry Workshop “Walking the Line: How Great Lines Make Great Poems” (for adults)
Vancouver Public Library (see link)
In November I’ll be appearing at the Toronto International Book Fair, branded this year as INSPIRE!, to talk about kids lit and read from the book. Details on that forthcoming.