Not been very good about maintaining this site. I’ve been working on another site quite a bit, and really haven’t had a lot to report, besides a few publications. Mostly I’ve spent my days editing and reediting my upcoming book Diversion (cheaper Amazon link here, but I would encourage you to buy indy at McNally or your local) — but my editors have finally taken it away from me and now I have nothing to tinker with. So here are some upcoming events for this summer and autumn, where you can catch me as pass through cities other than St. John’s:
- UBC Creative Writing I’ll be teaching in the MFA at UBC this summer and am there for two weeks in July.
- Writers At Woody Point I’m reading at Woody Point with Joan Clark, Elisabeth de Mariaffi, Steven Galloway, Elizabeth Hay, Lawrence Hill, Miriam Toews, Kathleen Winter, and some lady named “Margaret Atwood”.
- St. John’s Launch No official date yet confirmed, but Diversion will launch in St. John’s in September.
- Winnipeg’s Thin Air I’ll be reading at a bunch of school as a kids authors as well as at the poetry bash as a poet. Presumably an adult one. Actually, once you get the new book you’ll see: it gets a little blue.
- Poetry London I’ll be reading in London, ON as part of the Poetry London series on Oct 14.
- Toronto Events So far I’ll be reading at an as-yet-unscheduled ECW launch in October as well as at the great and storied reading series Pivot on Oct 21.